Thursday, July 10, 2008

Introducing...ITC Maurya

I've gotten settled into my apartment and just completed my third day of work at the hotel. It's just as impressive as I thought it would be. With seven restaurants (one of which was recently named the Best Asian restaurant in the world), an assortment of stores ranging from bookshops to high end clothing, and a beauty salon right on the premises, the Maurya is everything I could have hoped for in a luxury hotel. With 442 rooms and over a thousand employees, there is a lot left I need to see!
Being situated right in the Diplomatic Enclave in New Delhi near all the embassies, the Maurya is frequently home to visiting heads of state including President Bill Clinton and President George W. Bush (who stayed in the Grand Presidential Suite which is 3500 square feet!).
As I am waiting for another intern from Russia to arrive, I've spent my days familiarizing myself with the history of ITC (which is the parent company that owns the Maurya and many other hotels in India) and the amenities of the Maurya in particular. I'm told that I will be going through their induction program, working for two weeks in the reservation department, then moving to the front desk for a month, and most likely spend the rest of my internship in the marketing department.
I'm looking forward to getting down to work next week.

1 comment:

Bryant Joseph said...

Megan,

My name is Bryant and I am an Information Systems major, International Bus. minor at UWEC. I appreciate you keeping a blog of your internship. I am very interested in studying abroad through AIESEC next summer, and it's wonderful insight to hear of your experiences.

Thanks again,
Bryant